Day 9: Something you've always wondered "what if" about
For most of my adult life, I've wondered how life would have been different for me had my father not taken an honerable discharge from the United States Air Force when I was five years old. He had already completed two tours to Spain and Saudi Arabia while my mom stayed in Indiana with me and my younger brother. His next assignment was most likely going to be a more permanent station at one of the USAF bases in Germany, and our whole family would have gone with him. Instead, my family moved to Ohio and I lived there until I left for college.
I wonder what my family dynamic would have been like. Would I have chosen the same carreer path? Would my exposure to the missionary community have been the same? What would my spiritual growth and development have looked like?
I wonder if I would have become a military brat, or if I would have enjoyed living overseas as a child. Could I have learned German?
I wonder if I would have met students from Black Forest Academy by competing with them in sports like track and field. Is it possible that I could have even attended BFA myself?
Just a few fun things to think about.

No comments:
Post a Comment