Clearly my lofty goals for this year's photography project have failed miserably, since my last post was five months ago. I originally started this second blog to be an outlet, a place where I could express myself creatively with topics or ideas completely unrelated to my service at BFA. So, for the month of November I'm tackling a 30-day writing challenge that I spotted on Pinterest. I can't find the original source, otherwise I would give credit to the person responsible for the list. Also, I'm not using every single prompt - some I am rewriting to be more pertinent to my own life. So without further ado, today's topic.
Day 1: Five ways to win your heart.
This is probably referring to a romantic heart winning, but I've included ways that women can win my heart in non-romantic ways, too.
1. Serenade me. It doesn't matter what instrument you play, or what song you sing. Music speaks to me. What can I say? I'm a sucker for guitars and pretty harmonies. Extra winning if you write a song just for me.
2. Speak my love language, which is words of affirmation. I'm ridiculously sentimental. This past summer I cleaned out boxes and boxes of stuff from my childhood and threw away over ten years' worth of notes, cards, and letters from friends that I had saved because I was too sappy to throw them away. Now that I'm a teacher, I'm amassing a collection of handwritten notes from my students and encouraging letters from their parents, because their words speak to my heart and affirm my decision to become a teacher.
3. Give me chocolate. Obviously. Even better if the chocolate includes coconut, mint, or peanut butter in some form.
4. Make me laugh, or let me be free to laugh at stupid/nerdy/quirky things without feeling like a loser. Sometimes it's like I never left middle school.
5. Love Jesus.

No comments:
Post a Comment