Day 2: Something you feel strongly about
I feel very strongly that Christmas music should not be played before the Christmas season begins. I absolutely LOVE Christmas, but I don't particularly enjoy hearing Jingle Bells in October. When I was growing up, our family tradition was to begin decorating for Christmas on the day after Thanksgiving, and that was also the time we began listening to our Christmas CDs. The tree came out of the attic (yes, we were fakers!) and my brother's and my boxes of ornaments exploded on the poor thing. It made sense that once we acknowledged Thanksgiving, we could begin our preparations for Christmas.
Now that I live in Germany I have lowered my standards significantly, the main reason being that Thanksgiving is not recognized here. Because of that, there's just nothing to look forward to other than Christmas. We don't even get a day off from school! So I've been known to turn on my Christmas playlist before American Thanksgiving, but I still refuse to do so any earlier than November 1st. I will reply with a very convincing, "Bah, humbug!" if you try to get me into the Christmas spirit before then!

No comments:
Post a Comment