Monday, February 3, 2014

Running Total Week 4

Once again I only went out twice this week to run, and neither of them were with my regular running buddies or my usual routes. I had the awesome chance to run with my other running bestie, Megan. She's 4259 in the picture below. Since her role at BFA has changed, I see her much less often and finding time for our schedules to intersect is very difficult. This week was the first time we'd run together since September and as we set out for our first run together on Monday afternoon, it felt just like old times.

A miscommunication between us resulted in us running 13 kilometers that day! It actually felt pretty great, but I was WIPED.OUT afterwards, more exhausted than I usually am for a long run. I went to a dinner party at some friends' house, itching to replenish all the calories I'd burned that day with a delicious meal and celebrating my loss of 3.6 pounds that week. While filling my plate generously with fixings for taco salad I was suddenly overcome with a horrible feeling and knew immediately that I would not be cleaning my plate that night. Not wanting to draw attention to myself I asked my host and hostess if there was a place I could lie down for a few minutes, out of sight from the other guests. They graciously and discreetly ushered me upstairs to their guest room, gave me a glass of water, and told me I could stay as long as I needed. I curled up under the huge duvet feeling beyond miserable and wondered if I was finally coming down with the flu that had been going around...and woke up two and a half hours later to find that I'd completely slept through dinner. I was mortified, but again my hosts were so gracious and understanding, and obviously my body needed to recover (it ended up not being the flu, just exhaustion) so I'm thankful that they were so understanding and hospitable.

My second run that week wasn't nearly as exciting. Sadly my routine was interrupted a lot this week as I was away at a conference from Thursday morning to Sunday night and was completely overwhelmed preparing to leave beforehand. I'm looking forward to getting back into my regular routine this week, as my first race of the season, the Rock'n'Roll 10-miler in Nice, France, is two weeks away! I can't wait!!



WEEK 4
Monday: 13 km
Wednesday: 5 km

2014 Running Total, Week 4: 68.9 km

KBL Weigh-in: +2 pounds (which I don't understand at all, because I worked out extra hard while I was away on my conference and was super careful about what I ate. Needless to say I'm not happy.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...