Monday, February 17, 2014

Running Total Week 6

This was my last week of training before the Rock'n'Roll 10-Miler in Nice, and it was a great week for running! It started out on Monday with Megan and I running our last "long" run, which ended up being 15 kilometers. Based on the pace for that run, I figured I could expect to finish the Nice run (16 km) somewhere in the neighborhood of two hours. I was, once again, super exhausted following that run, but I strongly believe that doing long runs in the afternoon (after teaching all day) is much more taxing than my usual routine of long Saturday morning runs after a full night's rest.

Our final training run was a short one on Wednesday which actually ended up being rather discouraging and frustrating for me, but it is what it is. I knew my body was ready for the race, despite the crappy run I had that afternoon.

I'm going to write a separate post about the race because it was just that awesome. Check back tomorrow for all the juicy details! In the meantime, celebrate with me that I've now run more than 100 kilometers so far in 2014!!



WEEK 6
Monday: 15 km
Wednesday: 5 km
Sunday: 16 km at Rock'n'Roll Nice


2014 Running Total, Week 5: 116.95 km

KBL Weigh-in: -2.8 pounds
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...