On Monday afternoon I ran a shorter-than-usual path with a friend, and we were overwhelmed by the wind! We literally ran north, south, east, and west (a square loop) and yet, the wind was blowing into our faces the entire time. I remember thinking, "I just have to turn the corner and then we'll have some relief," and then each time we turned, the wind would shift as if to say, "Sucker!"
The temps dropped on Wednesday and the winds picked up, so we took our workout indoors. My friend Sophia has a gym membership so she brought me and another friend, Jessie, and we got in for free because we told them we were considering getting a membership there (NOT a lie - I am actually considering it!). So in addition to running on the treadmill -- which I hate, by the way -- we took advantage of the other equipment available to us and used the machines and free weights. That was entertaining. We determined that I have killer legs but weak arms, and Jessie is a beast upstairs with not so strong legs. Together, we are one strong person! One of these days I'll get back to a regular arms routine ...
I ended the week in style by totally skipping out on Friday and Saturday's scheduled runs, which meant I HAD to run on Sunday afternoon. Thankfully it was a beautiful day with clear skies, warm sunshine, and NO wind! I ran five miles, which is the longest run I've done since RnR Lisbon back in October. It felt good once I fell into a rhythm, but since the first three miles were uphill it took awhile for my body to get there. I imagine if I run that trail enough times, I'll adjust soon.
![]() |
| Did you think I was kidding? This was a killer!! |
All in all it wasn't a terrible week, but it could have been better. I still have a lot to accomplish if I'm going to hit my monthly goal, but I am honestly not too worried about hitting it this month. If I do, great, but if I don't, no big deal. There will be plenty of time in the next few weeks to make up for it!
This week's runs bring my 2015 running total to: 32.5 kilometers!


No comments:
Post a Comment