I started running consistently again this week, our first full week back at school. After taking my hiatus following the #RWRunStreak and savoring the last few days of Christmas break, this seemed like the perfect time to get back into a routine. So, three days this week I hit the road after classes with two other teacher friends. I realized right off the bat that they are faster than me. It's not the first time I've been the slowest runner in the group. In the moment, it's pretty discouraging - always trying to keep up, always twenty paces behind, not able to participate in or even hear their conversation... not fun. But if I do it consistently enough, it also helps me become a faster runner. Case in point: last spring I had to really push to get my average kilometer pacing under 7 minutes/km on my daily runs. This week, I consistently hit a pace average of 6:45! If I can keep this up, it will mean good things for my race goals this year!
I think I am also well on my way to hitting my personal running goal, as well. I hope to run at least 600 kilometers in 2015, which averages out to 50 per month. I am a little behind for January given my hiatus during the first ten days of the month, but it's totally feasible to hit 50 before the end of the month.
Without further ado, here is my first Running Total update of 2015! Like my new badge?
Running Total: 17 kilometers

No comments:
Post a Comment