Over the last year and a half I've come to grips with the fact that I'm a runner. In fact, in 2013 I ran in FOUR races totaling 57 km. One of those races was my first half marathon, which just so happened to run through three countries! However, without a goal to work towards, running bores me and I have no motivation to keep it up. So, this year I've committed to running in three different races that total 58 km. In a few weeks I'll be running in the Nice (France) Rock and Roll 10 miler (16 km), in May I'll run the Dreilanderlauf (three country half marathon) and in July I'll run the Chicago Rock and Roll half marathon.
Another goal I have for myself this year is to record the total number of kilometers I run. So in an attempt at accountability, I'll be posting about my weekly training runs on Mondays and also update the "running total". This is my second week of official training for 2014, but my first week of documenting it here on the blog.
WEEK 1
Tuesday: 5.3 km
Thursday: 5.3 km (with a very painful fall!)
WEEK 2
Tuesday: 5.3 km
Wednesday: 2.7 km (with my 8th grade boys! Fun!)
Thursday: 5.3 km
Saturday: 7 km
2014 Running Total, Week 2: 30.9 km

No comments:
Post a Comment