None of the middle schoolers were able to run on Monday, so Jessie and I took advantage of the time to do a longer, faster run. She really pushed the pace for me and I ended up running an entire 5k at a sub-7 pace! I felt like I was dying and flying simultaneously! I don't enjoy fast running, but I know that I need to do it more often. If I keep up with this, maybe I'll finally be able to finish a 5k in under 30 minutes...
Wednesday was a shorter run with the girls, but we forgot to get a picture together. Another new face joined us, while other regulars weren't able to make it. It was incredibly warm that day, which made our regular 3 kilometers feel even harder than usual. It was also during this run that I hit the 100 kilometer mark for 2015! Whoohoo!
I had plans to run hills on Friday but since I had stayed out late the night before celebrating my birthday I was pretty wiped. I also had a pile of grading to finish for the end of the quarter, so I opted to go home and get into bed to rest up for Saturday's long run.
Saturday morning was cooler than usual, so I donned long sleeves for our 10k. I was worried I'd get hot from the sun, but the brisk wind kept me quite comfortable, if not slightly chilled. We'd been running hills so often lately that I suggested a less scenic out-and-back towards Alcalá and it made a huge difference! This was the first time since officially beginning my training that I ran an entire 10k without walking breaks, and by the time we finished I still felt pretty good. I rewarded myself with chocolate milk and a hot bath to relax my muscles. I've been working them pretty hard lately and my knees were starting to ache a bit, so it felt justified.
This wonderful week brings my 2015 running total to 111.3 kilometers!



No comments:
Post a Comment