Thursday, April 7, 2011

#97: love to luft

In Germany and other European houses that do not have central air or heating, the rooms are warmed individually by way of radiators. In the winter time this means I can keep my bedroom nice and cozy, but if I have to get up to use the toilet I dash down the chilly hallway. In the warmer months, this means I have to open my windows every day for 15-20 minutes to luft or air out the room. The air can get stale and mold can grow if this doesn't happen on a regular basis.

My favorite thing to do in the spring months is to open my windows wide in the morning after I've gotten dressed so that while I finish getting ready for school, a cool breeze can waft through and carry away the "bad" air from the night before.

show&tell #97: love to luft

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...